Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nahang Waterfall, Sg. Lembing ,Kuantan

22 September 2009
Nahang waterfall is a small waterfall situated at the edge of Kampong Melayu, Sg Lembing. My good friend, Yusof's house is the landmark for MNS members to begin the 45 minutes trek after crossing Sg. Kenau (waist deep water whose depth varies from time to time) and then along the adjoining stream leading to the waterfall.
The pebble and rock strewn slippery stream is a real challege to trekkers and virtually nobody makes it to the waterfall without slipping at least once.(I had quite a nasty fall myself)
By 7.10 am, Saran was sitting on the bench opposite my house. I took him to Jaya Restaurant for breakfast as we were early . Kumar arrived to pick us at 8.15a.m and then we headed to the Murugan Temple where the rest of my boys (Kumaravel, Kesav, Sree,Vimal and Divan) were waiting with MNS member Ho Chin Leong.
We left for the 45 minutes drive to Sg. Lembing in two cars and upon reaching , headed to have coffee at our regular corner at the famous Sg. Lembing eatery which is always packed every morning.
After crossing Sg. Kenau, we started our journey at 9.50 am and the last trudgers reached the mini waterfall at 10.40 a.m after many slips here and there.
The boys immediately got into 'action' and soon their excited voices pierced the stillness of the morning. As we were the only picnickers, so we had the waterfall to ourselves. While Ho and Kumar admired the surrounding, I joined the boys and soon became one of them.(well. that is the secret to my youthful enthusiasm)
I organized contests , one of which was who could remain submerged the longest- Vimal emerged the champion and tag team event was won by Vimal and Saran. However, the tag team , submerging in relay tandem lost to ..well you guessed !..the old 'siffu'
After a nice simple meal of sardine curry with rice and bread, Ho and Kumar took charge of the pool and Ho was having a gala time with the cool natural jacuzzi till my boys cried out that his back had turned red.. later, the boys tried to catch some fish and Kesav was the fisherman of the day.
As it was running late. I had to call it a day and the boys..reluctantly packed up and cleaned up the area. The return journey was not without drama as there were more slips and moans form the boys. Playing the role of the sweeper, we finally joined Sg Kenau at 2.45 pm. Then the boys had another dip along Sg. Kenau when they saw some frolicsome kampong boys there.
Finally, after getting to our cars and a quick change of dry clothes, we headed to to the heritage town for some noodles-thanks to the generosity of Kumar. My boys thank you from the depth of their hearts, Kumar !
We reached Kuantan at 4.30 pm and I finally ended the trip by sending Saran back home.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bro, good job! Lots of stories in your blog. Impressive. I hope you continue writing "forever". I would love to go to that waterfall. The next time you go, let us know. MM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi anba, u got a nice thing going here, just let me know the next time u r going 2 one of those waterfalls... might want to join you... let me know in advance cos i need to shape up, feeling quite bloated and short of breath lately ...
    c ya
    chandran smksm

    ReplyDelete