Monday, September 21, 2009

Trekking up Bukit Pelindung -Lim's NewTrail

Arrangements were made a day before, that is during Hari Raya to try Lim's new trail -3 stooges..Amba, Ho Chin Leong and Kumar. As Such, I thought that my boys-my athlectic team of 13 and 14 years old should join me as they have not been training for 3 days- The last was the beach outing at Telok Tongkang (7.30 to 4.30 pm )
The response from my boys was as expected-overwhelming YES..My boys always look forward to joining me on outdoor trips. As for me, this is a time for me to forge a closer rapport with my athletes to inculcate positive values to spur them to do better in sports and STUDIES. In the jungle, I try to instill in them the love for nature- future MNS members in the making. Once they are with me, they are children and I will take precautions as I would to my own kids.
The boys agreed to gather by the bridge at Telok Chempedak by 7.30 except for Saran who had no transport and I had to fetch him..well not all the way. He ran from IKIP to telok Chempedak in 15 minutes while I followed in my motor bike.
When we reached the beach, Kumar and Ho were not to be seen but my boys were all there. After some futile attempts to contact Ho, We finally left at 8.10 am . As I had only used this trail once, , we lost our way but managed to join the trail again after almost leaving out one-third of the trail, Yes, we short cut (unintentionally ..ok )so, we missed the mini-waterfall .
We finally reached the Telecom Tower at 10.05 am while Kumar and Ho joined us at 10.30 am. They then continued thier journey back to the beach while I had other plans for my boys.
I had two "Raja Bukit " contest. From the saddle to RTM tower and the other to Telecom Tower, Well, as expected, Saran claimed both titles-afterall, he is the best 10km runner in Kuantan at age 14. (winner of Kuantan DIGI 10km run 2009 )
After a short eating session-mostly Tosai-thanks to Kumarendren, we headed to to the beach. Half way down, I suggested we take the off road mountain bike trail which proved to be quite challenging on foot alone-what more on a bike!. We finally reached the beach at 11.40 am
While Saran and I headed back, the rest joined Kesav's mother for a picnic. The way home was another training session for Saran as he started jogging from Telok Chempedak to SK assunta..then lifted him to the junction at Beserah / Semambu. Then he jogged all the the way back home. After a drink with him, it was bye-bye. Last reminder- be at my house before 8.00 am for the trip to a waterfall in Sg. Lembing the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment